What is the Course Readings Service?
Course Readings is our personalized service for making your supplemental course material available. To get started:
Contact email@example.com with questions or to email your syllabus.
- Choose the option that's best for you:
- Send us your syllabus, and we'll handle the rest. From start to finish.
- Submit individual item requests, and processing will be completed with high priority.
- The Course Readings service includes:
- Scanning and uploading book chapters and articles held in print. Scans will be high-quality PDFs compatible with text-to-speech software.
- Ensuring stable links to online resources.
- Placing books and other physical items on short-term loan at your preferred library.
- Requesting new purchases for items not part of Western Libraries collection.
- Providing assistance in copyright compliance and, where required, securing copyright clearance. For main campus courses, Western Libraries will remunerate any related fees or royalties to the copyright owner.
- Support from library staff in all aspects of arranging and disseminating access to supplemental course materials.
- As readings are processed, instructors see live status information.
- For online resources, Course Readings provides usage statistics to inform curriculum evaluation and redevelopment.
- Readings can be instantly imported across current and previous courses without re-input.
- Are you #textbookbroke? All readings are free, versus expensive course packs and textbooks.
- Course readings are made available online whenever possible. Items produced by the library will meet high standards for quality and compatibility with text-to-speech software.
- Course readings are part of the OWL course site, with no additional log in or searching.
- Books and other items for loan show current availability status.
- All supplemental readings are in one place, regardless of format: print, online, etc.
- Course readings are organized to correspond with the syllabus.