This page contains information and links to resources relevant to the Astronomy 4602/9706 assignment:
Find all cosmology articles your chosen year and journal:
- Nature (use Advanced search)
- Science (use Advanced Search)
- Scientific American (click Scientific American -- Scientific American Archive Online, then click EBSCOhost Scientific American; use Advanced Search, )
Try the following keywords:
- any other keywords you determine are appropriate
- book reviews
- opinion pieces
- news, views, viewpoints
- Use Astrophysical Journal citation style, but also include the article titles.
- Structure: Lastname, Initials. "Article title," year, Journal Title, volume, page
- Example: Rebolo, R., Martín, E. L., Basri, G., Marcy, G. W., & Zapatero-Osorio, M.R. "Brown Dwarfs in the Pleiades Cluster Confirmed by the Lithium Test," 1996, ApJ, 469, L53
- You can also look at the citation style used for the references at the ends of Astrophysical Journal articles for more examples, but remember to include the article titles.
- If you find more than 6 articles, summarize any 6 of your choice.
- 200 words or less (each)
- must be written to be understandable by other students in your class
- Summarize and evaluate
- Does the article describe new research results?
- Does the article summarize an entire field?
- Is it wild speculation?
- Think critically -- question while you read.
- Tutorial (video): Evaluating Sources