Western Libraries subscribes to several streaming video services including:
- Criterion on Demand is an online digital delivery feature film platform that provides easy access to educationally relevant feature films used in Canadian higher education institutions. Includes more than 1,600 English-language titles, 1,300 French-language titles, and 135 world language films with English sub-titles. Also includes more than 100 documentary features.
- Kanopy provides mediated demand streaming of feature films and award-winning documentaries from around the world covering a wide variety of topics. Featured producers include Criterion Collection, PBS, HBO, Kino Lorber, First Run Features, BBC and many more. Streaming availability is limited due to budget constraints. Access is provided in collaboration with King's University College.
- Alexander Street Press is a multidisciplinary collection of streaming videos for scholarly research, teaching and learning. You can make clips and create a playlists. Western Libraries' access to Alexander Street Press is provided in collaboration with King's University College Library.
- TVO Documentaries is a streaming platform delivering ground-breaking and Canadian-made documentary films that enable the exploration of social, political, and current affairs through a diverse range of story-telling perspectives. Open Access.
- The National Film Board (NFB) provides Western Libraries with access to over 3,600 Canadian documentaries, films, animations and clips. Course instructors may want to create a CAMPUS profile to enable additional features.
- Curio.ca provides access to the educational content from CBC and Radio-Canada. Documentaries from television and radio, news reports, archival material etc. are available in both English and French. Curio.ca is developed expressly for the Canadian educational community, including school boards, government ministries, universities, colleges, cégeps, and public libraries.
- Search Omni (our library catalogue) (Omni help) for individual titles. Filter your results to Resource Type: Video/Film and Availability: Available Online.