To place a hold or request on a physical item:
To request material from outside of Western & Affiliate Libraries and from another Omni Libraries:
Digital delivery offers broad access to physical collections you can conveniently request and access from anywhere, including book chapters, journal articles, government documents, reference works, and more.
All Western University and Affiliated University College faculty, students, and staff can request portions of eligible physical library materials to be scanned and delivered to their inbox, subject to certain limits defined by copyright.
Digital delivery is limited to one chapter per book, one article per journal volume, or an excerpt of 10% of a total work.
Steps to Request a Digital Delivery:
1. First, sign in to My Library Account. To do this, you can either select "My Library Account" at the top right corner of Omni, or if you are in a record, you can select My Library Account in the yellow box (example image below):
2. Select the location of the item you would like to request an article or chapter, etc. from (see image below):
3. If you do not see the volume or year you require, you can select the funnel icon and then select "Description" to filter to the year you require (see image below for an example):
4. Once you have found the year/volume you require, select "Digitization" beside the volume and year you require:
5. Check the box next to "Select for additional request fields" and complete the form with the citation information for the specific journal article or book section:
6. Click "Send Digitization Request"
7. Accept the Copyright Agreement
If you cannot find the item you are looking for via the Omni Libraries, please use our interlibrary loans service.
To request material through interlibrary loan: