Installing Excel Add-in
To integrate Bloomberg and Excel when you download data, you will need to install the Excel add-in on the Bloomberg terminal you are using. The add-in is installed to your profile and not the computer itself.
- Open Excel from the desktop icon.
- On the computer task bar, select Start > All programs > Bloomberg > Install Office Add-in.
- Click Install and a small confirmation box will appear.
- Once the install in finished, close Excel.
- Open Excel again and the Bloomberg tab will now appear on the taskbar.
Exporting Data via Excel
To download data from Bloomberg while in Excel, use the speadsheet builder:
- Select the Bloomberg tab on the Excel Spreadsheet.
- Choose the Spreadsheet Builder.
- Use your mouse to hover over the data type icons to display a description of what's available.
- Click on the icon for the data type you want to use.
- Follow the instructions as they appear in the builder.